With significant expertise in the area of commercial agency law, we advise and assist our clients on their commercial agency contracts, combining legal expertise with pragmatism.
As such, FOUSSAT AVOCATS offers the following services in relation with French commercial agency law:
- Advising you on commercial agent status (including maritime or concerning real estate) and its particularities,
- Advising you on similar statuses and other trade intermediaries (mutual-interest mandate business providers/brokers, sales representatives/trade representatives…),
- Advising you on the (re)characterisation of contracts (characterisation of commercial agency contracts, recharacterisation into employment contracts…),
- Drawing up commercial agency contracts and sub-agency contracts, advice regarding these contracts,
- Advising you on the termination of commercial agency contracts,
- Negotiating compensation for the termination of contracts/indemnity for commercial agents,
- Defending you before the courts,
- Advising and assisting you on the assignment of commercial agency contracts and finding prospective partners.
In addition, in order to facilitate the management of their cases, FOUSSAT AVOCATS advises and assists its clients across Europe and represents them in foreign jurisdictions.
To achieve this we:
- Maintain offices in Paris and Brussels,
- Are a member of the DIRECTIVE network, a European network of law firms specialising in commercial agency law,
Have our own network of foreign partners.A question ? Contact us !
To follow the firm’s news about commercial agency…
Commission of the commercial agent
Remuneration of the commercial agent
The usual mode of remuneration of the commercial agent is remuneration on commission, i.e. remuneration which varies depending on the number or on the value of …
The breach of the commercial agent contract
Modalities of the breach of the commercial agent contract
Whether it is decided by the commercial agent or the principal, the breach of the commercial agent permanent contract must in the …
Enrolment with the RSAC and a written contract are not necessary to be a commercial agent: an abrupt reminder!
As we have already had the opportunity to write on several occasions (see in particular our article of 17 October 2007…), the fact of not being enrolled in the Special …